" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

July 16, 2011

Hot Time-- Summer in the City and Country

Video length is 1:17

It is summertime and the livin' is easy...but it's hot too.

My fave drinks for hot weather:

Lipton Peach Flavored Iced Tea:  1 large peach tea bag covered with one quart of boiling water.  Steep a couple of hours.  Remove bag.  Chill.  Serve over ice.  YUM.

Jasmine Green Tea Iced:  3-4 regular size jasmine green tea bags.  One quart boiling water.  Steep an hour or two.  Remove bags.  Chill.  Serve over ice.  YUM YUM.

Iced Coffee:  Make extra coffee in the morning and refirgerate.  Or reconstitute instant coffee .  Fill a glass with ice.  Add coffee to 3/4's full.  Add milk to fill.  Sweeten if desired.  More YUMMINESS.

Starbucks Passion Lemonade:  Watch the video to see how to make it at home.  I use Tazo Passion tea--I buy it at Walmart.  Use your favorite lemonade.

For flavorings you can buy the flavored syrups, or omit.  Another option is drink powders which come in a variety of flavors and are cheap and unsweetened.  

Make a simple syrup using one cup of sugar and one cup of water, then add a package of unsweetened Koolaide in desired flavor.


"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.