" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 17, 2010

Magic Cookie Cool Whip Dessert

Just when I thought there were no more options I surprise myself.

Marble Slab Creamery has their mix-ins, Kath of  "Kath Eats Real Food" has her oatmeal  mix-ins and I have my Cool Whip mix-ins.

If you like the taste of Magic Cookie Bars you'll probably like this.

Into 56 grams of fat free Cool Whip (that's a fourth of the tub) add:
  • a pinch of coconut (about a tablespoon)
  • a few broken walnuts
  • a few mini chocolate chips or grated chocolate
  • one whole graham cracker broken into pieces--not crumbs but smallish pieces
Fold this together.  It makes one serving.

The fat from the nuts and coconut are good fats.

The calorie count will depend on how much you add but the CW is 90 calories, a tablespoon of coconut is 35, a half tablespoon of mini chips is 35, the graham cracker is 65 and an eighth ounce of walnuts is 25.

To make a few walnuts 'feel' like more, don't fold them in, sprinkle them on top and leave the pieces large.  A little will go a long way.

This dessert may cost you 250 calories, but it beats having a whole pan of Magic Cookie Bars in the house.

The portion is generous so it doesn't feel like calorie pinching--which is the parallel of penny pinching.  As we must budget our money, so must we budget our calories. 

Enjoy.

Next post it's back to the classic TV videos.  There's something about nostalgia that puts me in a holiday mood, and after all, Thanksgiving is next Thursday.

Do you know where your turkey is?
    "....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

    DISCLAIMER

    I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.