" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

September 30, 2010

Been Bitten By the Bug

The flu bug that is. Feeling miserable.  Will be well eventually.  In the meantime keeping sight of my weigh-loss goals.  The scale finally moved down another pound for a total of 24 lost.

I'm 3 pounds away from my first goal and have a second set.  To reach the second I'd have to lose an additional 4 pounds.  Both are doable.  It is within my power to succeed.  And I will.

It's too easy to drop the ball and lose the game.  Keeping our eyes on the prize and holding self accountable and giving ourselves a good swift kick in the rear is key to winning.

Making excuses is just a cop out.  We don't like and don't want to hear that.  But it is truth.

So be kind to yourself and hold yourself accountable.  Your nice friends won't--they don't want to make you feel bad.  Do for yourself what others can't or won't do.

Just do it.

It's just as hard for me to lose weight as the next guy.  Having to curtail your food intake sucks.  So what?

Having reached my 'advanced' age--I'm not 'that' old--I no longer suffer fools gladly.  And that includes myself.

How long can I go on making excuses?  My days on this earth are limited.  So are yours.

What's it gonna be?  Looking back full of regret?  Or looking back having run the race with patience.

It's totally your decision.  Yours and yours alone.  But you--as I-- will have to live with it.  And don't expect much sympathy in the end if you had opportunity but messed it up because you indulged yourself.

How's that for some tough love?
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.