" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

June 6, 2010

The Pros and Cons of 100 Calorie Packaging

100 calorie packs have their place.  But if your choice happens to be a food trigger, eating a 100 calorie pack will likely lead to a binge and you eating multiple 100 calorie packs.

The best use, imo, of 100 calorie packs is to meet a need using a non-triger food.

Say you have a sweet tooth, need a sweet treat daily mid-afternoon.  Here's where your 100 calorie non-trigger food can do a world of good.

I almost always desire something sweet after lunch.  Enter the Hostess Cupcake 100 calorie pack.  Three miniature Hostess cakes plus a cup of Earl Grey with splash of skim milk. Totally satisfying.

 Because Hostess cupcakes are not a trigger food for me I am not tempted to eat beyond one pack.  As a plus the Hostess 100 calorie packs have a good bit of fiber--4 grams--which is a benefit to stave off hunger.

100 calorie packs can be your friend or a foe.  Choose wisely.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.