" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

May 22, 2008

The Better Choices Diet

Last year for New Years I embarked on a food relationship make over. Over a period of several months I transitioned my thinking in regard to food and the role it played in my life, specifically my weight and my health. From that process I developed my own personal diet, suited to my personal needs. Imagine my surprise when I came across "The Better Choices Diet", which is trademarked, and found it to be almost identical to what I designed for myself.

I'm pointing you to the website with an excerpt and a link.

"The Better Choices Diet™

The surest way to lose weight is to eat less and exercise more.


But if weight loss is so simple, why do I have so much trouble with it?!As it turns out, "eating less" is a very difficult task. Your body really wants those extra Calories, and you live in a world where food is very plentiful.Instead of foraging for your food, you're literally bombarded with opportunities to eat, and every food manufacturer tries to seduce you with their latest, tastiest offerings. You quickly develop food cravings that willpower alone cannot overcome. To win your "war" against food, you need to learn more about what you're eating...

All food is not created equal!

Don't beat yourself up about not having the will to eat less. The fact is that many high-Calorie foods have an unfair advantage against you. By over-stimulating your appetite, they deceive you into eating more than your body really needs. Many popular diets counter this by grouping foods into "approved" and "unapproved" lists. However, there's a downside to this restrictive approach. The inflexibility of these food lists makes eating very tedious and boring.Shouldn't eating be enjoyable?

I encourage you to read more, so if you have the time head on over...if not I suggest you bookmark the link and read later.

"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.