" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 10, 2007

Weightloss Update


I weighed today and in the last 7 days have lost 1.2 pounds...which is a great loss for me since I'm eating 1600 calories a day. If I were doing Weight Watchers, at my current weight I would be in the lowest point allotment. Sorry, but I won't tell you my weight...yet. Eventually I will...it's not a huge number, but large enough that the number bothers me. Funny thing though, my size doesn't bother me at all! Hahahaha....I'm mainly losing for health reasons. Although I've been hearing more and more that we "older" folks, I'm 57, have a longer life expectancy if we weigh more, ....are in the BMI range that is considered obese! Go figure. And these are reliable sources I'm reading too...not quacks, but mainstream...one being the excellent Dr. Andrew Weil. He is a Harvard trained M.D and PhD. and he is well versed in nutritional and alternative medicine, as well as seeming to be a very practical person.

Today's loss puts me at a total of 6.9 pounds down in 66 days or 9.42 weeks. There was a time when this slow loss would have frustrated me. But having realized that a lifetime approach is better than a "diet", I'm thrilled with being able to eat so much, not having to do exercise daily in an effort to "move" the number on the scale, and still losing weight. And I'm not going to bed hungry as I've done in the past. Yay!
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.