" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

September 19, 2007

Almost Autumn

These past few weeks I've been running headlong into fall, arms wide open, ready to embrace that spectacular season. But the weather is not cooperating.

It's still in the 90's here in middle TN....somehow my pumpkin spice candles and scarecrows just don't go with the bright hot sun...

So I decided to do an end of summer season...back to school melancholy and all.

I put out a French Vanilla candle...off white, not bright white, and some Moonlight Path by Bath and Body...smells, to me, of fading summer roses and lavender on a gentle moonlit night. Popped some soulful nostalgic tunes into my CD player...Nat King Cole is great...with songs like Unforgettable, A Blossom Fell, The Sand and the Sea, I Love You for Sentimental Reasons....well, you get the gist....

I hear these songs and I go back to those first hot days of high school in September, AFTER LABOR DAY, traipsing along the sidewalk headed home from school...loaded down with books and homework... melancholy and wistful....full of unrealized, even unspoken, dreams and hopes in my heart...wondering if I'd every have a boyfriend let alone a husband.

Well, I did finally get a boyfriend, after I'd graduated from high school...and I married him and it's been 40 years since that occasion. As bittersweet as the fall season was and still is, it remains one of my favorite seasons.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.