" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

August 21, 2006

Penny Pinching

If gas prices continue to rise, we're all going to have to do some serious penny pinching....I'm a penny pincher from way back when and can pinch with the best of them...My brother has declared that I, as he, am cheap...I admit to that and am proud of it...Cheap is not the same as stingy.....it's more like frugal: economical, thrifty...

Here are a few of my best pinches:

Cut off the end of the toothpaste tube; there's lots of paste inside...before you throw away that lotion bottle, turn it upside down overnight...the contents will come to the neck and you can get most of it out with your finger....to the "empty" shampoo bottle, add some water...you'll get at least a couple more hairwashings with it..

And remember...a penny saved is a penny earned..and who doesn't need to count his pennies these days?
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.