" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 20, 2012

Cheery Cherry Pie on Presidents Day

This pie will cheer you.  Why?  Because it's easy to make and easy on the calories.

You will need:

***half a can of cherry pie filling

***6 egg roll wrappers which have been cut into quarters or 24 won top wrappers

***mini cupcake pan with 24 cups

***oil spray like Pam

This will make 24.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Spray the mini cupcake pan.  Into each cup place a square of wrapper, pressing it into the sides of  the cup.  Place one whole cherry in each cup and top with enough glaze to almost fill.  Press the overlapping wrapper over the top--no need to seal it.  Spray lightly with oil spray.  Bake 15 minutes or until browned.  Allow to cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

I used Mussleman cherry pie filling and Nasoya brand wrappers.  Each cheery cherry pie is 30 calories.  


"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.