" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

July 22, 2011

Easy Table Garden Summer Supper

Our green bean, tomatoes, cucumbers and squash plants are prolific this year .  

A quick and delicious way we have been enjoying them is this:

Roast very young and tender whole green beans in the oven on high heat, drizzled with olive oil, and salt to taste.  

Do the same with zucchini that have been cut into pieces.

While the veggies roast boil some pasta.  When it is done, drain well, add a knob of butter, some olive oil and a good amount of grated Parmesan cheese.  Stir well to mix.

In your bowl--single serve pasta bowl is what we use--place some pasta, top with each kind of roasted veggie and grate some white cheddar or muenster over that.

For a side, and to use all those wonderful tomatoes we've been harvesting, I slice tomatoes and cucumbers, drizzle with Ranch dressing and cover with nutritional yeast--it tastes cheesy and is full of B complex vitamins, plus protein and some fiber.

There you have it--an easy summer supper I think you'll enjoy.


"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.