" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

June 27, 2010

It's A Miracle

We just returned from 10 days in TX with our children.  Lots of eating went on.  Eating of calorie dense food.

My goal was to not gain any weight.  I wasn't concerned with losing--taking a break for the duration of our trip.

We ate out almost every day and I felt fairly certain I'd likely see a rise on the scale.  I was hoping it would only be a pound or two at most.  But if it were more, it would not surprise me considering.

I was really dreading getting on the scale.  And though my clothes seemed to fit the same, and I was thinking positive I honestly stepped on the scale expecting to see a gain.

Imagine my surprise upon finding I weighed the same as I did before I left home!  What a rare--for me--treat.

I'm pretty sick of food at this point and our first day of eating back home has been very small amounts of light food.  Now I'm ready to get back in the losing mode and see my 16 pound weight loss become 17 pounds.  And then 18 pounds.  So on and so forth.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.