" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

January 3, 2010

Mocha Punch

Before you know it Valentine's day will be upon us-- a great excuse to eat chocolate!

In a previous post I shared a recipe for Mistletoe Punch which was a big hit at my house. Here's my take on it for Valentines.

*****************************************

Mocha Punch

Scoop into a bowl 8 cups of chocolate ice cream. Allow to soften somewhat and stir in 16 ounces of Cool Whip.

Now, add 8 cups of double strength cafe latte (how to make this to follow).

You can put this into a punch bowl or a nice pitcher. Optional: sprinkle with cocoa powder. You could also float some dollops of Cool Whip or whipped cream on the top.

*****************************************

Here's the easy woman's version of double strength cafe latte.

For each cup of coffee add 2 teaspoons of instant coffee to enough boiling water to dissolve the coffee powder. Now add cold water to make a half cup, followed by a half cup of cold milk.

If you don't like coffee, omit it and replace with milk.

If you're not a chocolate lover, strawberry would be nice for Valentines--I'd suggest using strawberry ice cream, the pink kind, and milk, possibly add some strawberry Nestle's Quick.

The variations are endless...I'm thinking chocolate mint would be yummy too..the green mint ice cream should give you a nice creamy pastel green color.

Note: I use the light Cool Whip with great results. Also, in this version it's important to incorporate the whipped topping before you add the liquid..otherwise you'll end up with tiny white clumps in your chocolate punch.

Granted this isn't 'health food...but it is fun. A punch sized portion of this won't ruin your food plan. Fun foods are, well fun, and I for one, am all for having a fun filled 2010.



"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.