" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

March 11, 2009

No Connection!

Same old same old here. My regain is still on board.

Making healthy choices and moving more has been and remains my goal.

If I have any new insight it would be this: spending too much time in front of the computer hinders weight loss.

For two days I had no Internet connection due to an area outage. I couldn't get on the Internet. Guess what happened? An increase in calories expended because I got up off my butt and moved around.

I see a blogging break in my future. First out of necessity. I have something coming up that will take a good bit of my time and energy, leaving little time to be online.

Secondly, I'm thinking I need to spend less time reading about 'how' and invest more time moving. On the Internet, my mind is fully engaged but my body is not. I imagine that those whom I read, who do a lot of exercise and appear to live to the fullest, spend little time reading blogs. Likely their time on the net consists of the minutes devoted to their own blog.

I find too that reading about food results in an increased appetite.

When it's time for my extended blog break I will let you know. I'll be following your blogs as I'm able, though not commenting as often.

Thanks for reading.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.