" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

August 27, 2008

Peanut Butter Love

O.K...another recipe...but..this one is so easy and so yummy---that is if you like peanut butter.

You know how 5 people can make potato salad or brownies, using the same ingredients and one person's will be delicious and the rest will be mediocre or awful?

Well...the ingredients in this recipe--it's not really a recipe, more like a method---are not uncommon at breakfast. But the way I put this together really makes the peanut butter stand out. I was tired of my hot oatmeal with peanut butter on the side and craving some cold cereal. Here's what I came up with.

In a microwave safe serving bowl place 1 tablespoon of your favorite peanut butter and heat about 30 seconds until the butter is soft. Now chunk in one banana--I break it into pieces with my fingers, hence no knife to wash--and stir the peanut butter and banana together until the banana is coated with the nut butter. Next, add a serving or half serving of a granola type cereal---or your favorite dry cereal. And finally, add a half cup of almond milk or regular milk if you prefer.

When the cold milk hits the warm peanut butter it sort of sets up, like fudge, on the banana and glazes it, instead of melting into the milk. Each bite yields a concentrated taste of peanut butter. Soooo gooood.

I'm thinking that almond butter and strawberries or nectarines would be a good substitute for the peanut butter and banana...haven't tried it yet---but what's not to like?

Give this a go if you like/love peanut butter. I think you'll like it!
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.