" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

August 26, 2008

Hey Ricky!!

At the beach we ate breakfast at a great little restaurant called Another Broken Egg Cafe. It was adorable with it's French Country decor and the food and service did not disappoint. The "Hey Ricky" omelet was delectable. I've been enjoying it at home.

If you'd like to indulge, make a basic omelet filling it with: sauteed onions and peppers, cheese and avocado. Top with sour cream and salsa. Yummmm.....

I used Laughing Cow Light Cheese and one quarter of an avocado diced. I store the remaining avocado with the pit intact and the exposed flesh sprinkled with lemon or lime juice (I just cut out a 1/4 size wedge).

The calorie tally for a one egg omelet is: egg 70. LCL cheese 35, avocado 75, onions and peppers 10, sour cream (1 TB) 30, salsa (1/4 cup) 20. (I cooked it in a non-stick sprayed pan.) Total=240 calories

I'm thinking this would be a good dinner/supper meal too since it has quite a few veggies--onions, peppers, avocado, tomato. It's quick, simple and economical.


**************************************

Tip: I keep a bag each of frozen chopped onions and chopped peppers in my freezer. They're handy and shorten the prep time.

***************************************
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.