" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 21, 2008

PERFECTION


"PERFECTION IS NOT A PREREQUITSITE FOR SUCCESS!"


"PERFECTION IS NOT A PREREQUITSITE TO SUCCEED!"


That is my post for today.
..............................................................................
How often have we given up, thrown in the towel, and been in despair because we failed to follow our weight loss plan perfectly? I think we can all, or at least the majority of us, say we have been *there* at some point.

If we think we can be "perfect" we are fooling ourselves. I have yet to meet any perfect people.

One of the striking things to me, in the weight loss blogs of those who've lost large amounts of weight and are managing to maintain their loss long term, is this one common thread: they've made peace with their failings.

Until we do the same, I think we'll allow our frustration to be our focus and lose sight of our goal.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.