" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 25, 2008

NEED SOME ENCOURAGEMENT?

This time of year lots of folks' weight loss efforts are waning. I came across a good post that might encourage any who are frustrated right now or just weary of the process.

Here's a quote to entice you:

"Or I’d start slipping up on my diet until my slip-ups became the greater percentage of my diet than my weight-loss diet was. "

I was feeling like I was slipping more than succeeding until I put my daily calorie counts on a monthly calendar chart and I saw it wasn't as bad as I'd thought.

This is why it is so important to journal what you eat, and also, I think, to keep some charts and graphs of your overall progress---lest you think things are worse or better than they actually are.

To read the entire post of the above quote click here. The blog name is Aprovechar .

Also for another really good read and a dose of tough love weight loss style read this post at Escape From Obesity .
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.