" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

January 11, 2008

Weight Management Update


I skated through the holidays without feeling deprived or out of control. And got to eat a lot of the goodies I enjoy. I was proactive and did monitor my food intake.

On Christmas eve and Christmas day and the days we traveled to be with family and again New Years eve and New Years day I allowed myself more food than I normally do. I chose to do so. But I still monitored my intake and didn’t binge or allow myself to go too far away from the wagon. As a result I was up initially 2 pounds, and last time I weighed it is now less than a pound, nine tenths of a pound to be precise.

I got right back on the wagon after those holidays and resumed eating the number of average calories per day I can eat and maintain my desired weight. In a few days I’ll weigh in again and see if I’ve lost the .9 and hopefully some beyond that.

Losing a half pound every seven to 10 days is all I expect. I don’t have a lot of weight to lose and the closer you are to your “correct” weight (hey---the charts give us that info, if they can be relied on) the more slowly you’ll loose, unless you go to a very low caloric intake. From experience I know that is an exercise in futility for me. Hence, I’m being true to what I know and understand about myself.

I hope everyone else is faring well. If you’re discouraged, there is hope. It’s not a failure to “fail” as long as you keep going back to the drawing board. We fail when we give up and quit. If something is “doable” there is a way to do it that will work. The trick is figuring it out. Don’t beat yourself up if you haven’t figured it out yet. Given time and effort you will get there. And, it doesn’t hurt to ask for a little divine help and wisdom. God knows our frame. Our body is His temple and we should honor that temple by treating it well.
***************************************************************
I’ve found so many good blogs by reading your blogs. Two blogs I’d like to direct you to are Escape From Obesity and Half of Me. If you aren’t already reading these blogs, do. These are so well written and thought provoking and at the same time entertaining. Head on over there if they are not on your “to read” list already.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.