" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

September 1, 2007

Chocolate Chip Pancake for One

Today I was craving some chocolate chip cookies hot out of the oven. In fact, I prefer not to eat them any other way....

But not needing the calories of several cookies, I opted to satisfy my craving with a pancake that tastes much like a chocolate chip cookie.

Here's how.

Using your favorite pancake mix, stir up enough batter for one large pancake.

Now add, about a tablespoon of brown sugar and give it a stir...it doesn't have to be completely incorporated. Heat up a non-stick skillet if you have one and give it a liberal spray of cooking oil.

When the pan is good and hot, pour in your batter and sprinkle the top liberally with chocolate chips, followed by broken pieces of nut...walnut or pecan are especially good.

When you see the edges are dry and the top is bubbly, flip your pancake over and cook the other side. You may want to turn the burner off and let the cake finish cooking with the residual heat so you don't burn your chocolate.

When you feel your cake is done, put it on a plate and butter it...then, after it has cooled just a tad, pile it high with some whipped cream--I always keep a can in the fridge.

Dig in while it's still warm...tastes much like a chocolate chip cookie, and there's no need to overindulge.

Bon appetite!
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.