" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

August 21, 2006

Searching for God

Mom and Dad did not take me to church...didn't tell me about God...but somehow, I knew He existed...

When I was 12 I decided to find out about Him...decided I'd read the Bible, beginning at Genesis 1:1....but it didn't make much sense to me.

My best girlfriend and I figured we could find Him at church, so we systematically attented the area churches...begging rides from our parents and anyone who would take us....

Mostly I was bored at church and after a time quit going ...

I quit, but He didn't....some 8 years later a knock on the door revealed a preacher with a Bible in hand and that preacher introduced me to God...."how beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace and bring good tidings!" romans 10:15
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.