" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

August 20, 2006

Get rich quick schemes

I've only had two get rich quick schemes come to mind....

The first is to buy a lottery ticket...And win the lottery! Had a cousin who did win 10 million in the lottery...think it could happen twice in the same family?

I've been buying my ticket....just one ticket..never more than one ticket...when the jackpot is huge...which just shows my stupidity...after all, the chances of winning are slim to none, and even slimmer when more people buy tickets, which is usually the case when the jackpot is huge....

So, I've decided to buy my one ticket only when the pot is tiny....

The other scheme that comes to mind is writing a best seller...a fictional novel...how hard could that be, I think to myself....

And I come up with some really good ideas, but I can never execute them ...I get writers block immediately....I can visualize the scenarios, but I can't put them to paper...it is just too tedious...kudos to all those who do write...I admire your discipline and creativity, along with the hard work you really must perform....

When I was a kid, I believed there was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and I loved the idea of the leprachauns that placed the pot there....

And while I'm old enough to know better, I still have my dreams of the possiblities...see you in the lottery ticket line.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.