" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 5, 2017

Autumal Salad Number 2

INGREDIENTS

greens of your choice: I like Romaine, Ice Berg and a little chopped cabbage

Small pieces of fresh chopped Broccoli

Red apple, if you can, leave the skin on

grated sharp cheddar cheese

bacon pieces

golden raisins

french fried onion rings

curried honey mustard dressing

METHOD 

Amounts are left to your discretion. I like to simply layer them in a shallow bowl, and make it look pretty.

The dressing: use your favorite honey mustard dressing and add a bit of your favorite curry powder.

Simple!

Here is my easy cranberry honey mustard dressing which is an option for the salad above; it can be mixed up quickly.  The amounts given are for a single serving. This is delicious on a turkey or ham sandwich with hot cheese like habanero jalapeno jack cheese.

2 TBSP mayonnaise
1/2 tsp mustard
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp whole berry cranberry sauce

Note: You can substitute honey mustard for the honey and mustard in this recipe; also white vinegar can be used in place of the rice wine vinegar, but you may want to use a little less and  add a little salt.


"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.