" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

May 4, 2017

Youtube comments not showing up? Ghosting? Problem Solved.

A long time ago, when I connected my youtube channel to google plus, my comments, unbeknownst to me, became invisible to everyone except me.  Not even the owner of the channel could reply to my comments; in some cases they were unable to view the whole comment.

I made sure I had my setting configured to 'allow everyone to comment".

I searched and searched to find a solution.  Finally I reached out to youtube.  They told me they'd fixed the problem.  But they had not b/c nothing changed. I decided I was being ghosted by google b/c so many other people had the same issue.

Then I stumbled on a tip that stated this:

"In order for your posts to be visible to everyone if your channel is attached to a G+ profile: "Target audience" (https://plus.google.com/u/0/settings/...) must be set to "Anyone".

Huh? I thought.  Don't remember seeing that setting.

I clicked on the link provided, was taken to the Audience section of google+ and saw that I had it set to 'custom'.

I changed it to 'anyone'.  And VOILA.  Success!!

I found the tip in the 'show more' section below this video titled: video comments only visible to yourself (ghosted) test here.

The channel name is gbcalitest.


"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.