" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 4, 2013

Easy Curried Sweet Potato Soup

This serves 1. Multiply for more servings. 

1 cup baked sweet potato cubes
olive oil
diced onion
fresh garlic, 1 clove
Thai green curry paste to taste
yellow curry powder to taste
chicken bouillon to taste--instead of salt
black pepper
coconut milk

In a small saucepan saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.

Add approximately one half teaspoon each curry paste, curry powder and chicken bouillon. Roast briefly, then add the sweet potato and about 3/4 cup of coconut milk.

Bring to a boil and reduce to  simmer.  While it simmers mash the potato with a fork creating a creamy thick and chunky soup.  Cook until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes.

This was delicious.

Note:  I used the coconut milk brand So Delicious.  One cup is 45 calories and it can be found on the shelf with the soy and almond milk in quart boxes or in the refrigerated section in half gallons.  You might use the canned coconut milk, but it is much thicker--I reserve it for my curries.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.