" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 23, 2012

Walmart: What I'd Like to Know

Wondering.  

How many of the picketers, protesting against Walmart, actually work for Walmart.

I'd bet most are not even employed by Walmart.  

I bet they are there with a different motive.

Something to do with the union.  Uh huh.

AND-- I wonder how many people realize that Target, Penneys, Kmart, Sears--to name a few-- pay their people the same hourly wage as Walmart.  

Yet you don't see any protests there.

Maybe it's because Walmart is one of the largest employers in the world and THAT would be a big cherry for the union.

Uh huh.  I smell a rat.

By the way, here is a list of the ten biggest employers in the world:

U.S. Department of Defense  3.2 million

Chinese Army  2.3 million

Walmart   2.1 million

McDonald's  1.7 million

Chinese National Petroleum   1.7 million

State Grid Corporation of China 1.6 million

National Health Service (England)  1.4 million

Indian Railways  1.4 million

China Post Group  900,000

Hon Hai Precision Industry   800,000

***************

Data on worlds largest employers found here: 

 http://www.businessinsider.com/the-10-biggest-employers-in-the-world-2011-9?op=1

"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.