" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

June 12, 2012

Pam's Pimento Cheese

 Update:  Add a good amount of Louisiana Hot Sauce for an extra flavor boost.!

My ddil recently introduced me to "Pam's Pimento Cheese' made by Central Market in Dallas TX.  I loved it.  It's a nice change from good ole southern style pimento cheese.  I came up with my own recipe so I can enjoy it at home using the ingredient list on the label.  My version is very close to theirs.

Ingredients

8 ounces cheddar cheese
8 ounces mozzarella cheese
chopped pimentos--1 jar
1-2 teaspoons sugar
1-2 teaspoons vinegar
1.5 teaspoons dill weed
1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
mayonnaise to moisten--about half a cup

Grate the cheeses, add the rest.  Stir to combine.  Enjoy

Note:  This version of pimento cheese is very garlicky and very dilly.  You can adjust the amount of garlic and dill per your taste.  The amount of mayo is personal preference....the store version didn't have a lot of mayo.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.