" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 2, 2011

Better Sound From Your Laptop

I love my new laptop I got a couple of years ago. But I found that the built in speakers were lacking. For some applications I had to use speakers or ear phones to be able to hear the audio.

But that is a thing of the past. Now I have great volume and it was easy to fix. What made the difference? I changed two settings.

Under sound effects I chose "live". And I checked the box that said "loudness equalization". (I also made sure 'ear protection' was not checked. This setting is designed to protect your ears from sound that is too loud by reducing the sound.)

Before I chose "live" the enhancement setting was on 'custom' and 'loudness equalization' was not checked.

The above mentioned settings can be found in the Control Panel under Sound or Audio manager.

I no longer have to use adjunct speakers or ear phones to hear the audio.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.