" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

March 5, 2011

COCONUT GRASS FRUIT SOUP

Perfect for St. Patrick's Day or Spring


If you'd like to make this fun soup here's how:

In a blender combine:

*frozen banana
*frozen peaches
*frozen spinach
*plain yogurt
*protein powder
*ice cold water
*sweetener to taste

Blend until all the solids are liquefied.

Pour into a serving bowl.
Sprinkle with coconut.

The amounts you use will depend on the serving size.

For a single serving I use half a banana, one half cup peaches, about a fourth cup of spinach, one half cup yogurt, and a half scoop of protein powder.  A teaspoon of  sugar satisfies my taste buds.  And I add enough water so everything blends well.

You can't really taste the spinach--but if you prefer another green, you might use kiwi.  And a bit of green food color if needed.

This can be served in an Irish Coffee mug too--as a smoothie.

Fun for kids.  Fun for adults. 





"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.