" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 19, 2011

Weight Loss Update



Finally.

Reached my second goal.

Thirty--30--pounds gone.

Now I'm thinking about setting a new goal.
But I think I'll enjoy this number for awhile first.

I could tell I'd lost without weighing myself--by the way my watchband fit.

I have a child's pink camouflage watch.

When I started wearing it I used the last hole.

It was tight.

Eventually I was able to use the second to the last hole, though tight.

Now is it loose on the second to last hole.

So I must be losing fat overall.

Let me encourage you to NOT go on a diet.

Instead figure out a way to eat for life that will 'carry' you to your ideal weight.

What worked for me is 6 mini-meals a day.

Six SMALL meals a day.

It is easier to eat less when you know you will be eating soon.

Eating before you get very hungry not only helps you prevent overeating, but helps you to eat less at that meal, and overall during the course of a day.


I always figured the more often I ate, the more I'd eat in the end.

But for me that was not true.

 I encourage you to 'discover' what works for you.

But the bottom line is :

We must all eat/take in less calories than we've been eating if we want to be smaller.

My mantra is :

Eat small to be small.  If you over indulge you will bulge.





"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.