" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 1, 2011

Sprinkles Are Pretty

But they can make you feel like swearing.

Even if you are not a person who typically uses swearing words.

I warn you.  Do not eat sprinkles over or near your computer keyboard.

Especially the large hard round ones.

Why?

Well, they can wreck havoc when they bounce from your mouth and under a key.

The key, you see, won't work.  It can't go down.

To get your stuck key to work you must dislodged the sprinkle.

The round hard ones won't be smashed by forcing the key down.  

This I know this for a fact.

They are that hard.

They must be blown out.  Preferably with canned air.

But first, you might have to dislodged them with dental floss.

Once out from under the key, they tend to migrate to other keys.

So just when you think you are home free you find another key is stuck.

By one single solitary rock hard sprinkle. 


Which is no longer an object of fun and delight, as sprinkles tend to be. 

But one you want to cuss.

Eventually, in my case, I got the sprinkle out.

After much frustration.

And a lot of googling which yielded information on how to remove the key from the keyboard.

With the dire warning to not break it in the process.

Which would necessitate buying a new key board.

No prettily sprinkled food is worth the cost of a new keyboard.

 I vowed to never again eat a dipped and sprinkled pretzel while keyboarding.

At least not close to my keyboard.

I lean far away from it and hope the little balls don't bounce THAT far.




"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.