" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 14, 2011

**HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY**



Who doesn't love sweets for Valentines?

I made Oreo Truffles this year.
They are similar to cake balls, but I like them better
They aren't so overly sweet.

And they are easy to make.


Combine one package of crushed Oreo cookies with one room temperature package of cream cheese.

Allow to sit for a few hours in the fridge--this softens the cookie crumbs and firms the mixture up for easy shaping.

Shape into balls.  

Dip into melted chocolate chips, placing them on waxed paper after dipping.

You can add some coconut oil (the kind that is solid at room temp) or some shortening to the chips if they are too thick for easy dipping.

When the chocolate hardens you can drizzle with some red melts to decorate--Wilton makes these.  You could use some red and pink sprinkles--but add the sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.

These are intensely chocolately and very rich.

If you love chocolate and you love truffles you'll likely love these.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.