" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

January 9, 2011

Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries

Chocolate covered ones that is.

I had my share of chocolate covered cherries over the holidays.

Now it's time to get back to healthy eating and reaching my second weight loss goal.

But--I need not give up the flavor combination.

I've found a low calorie low carb substitute that tastes surprisingly like:   *chocolate covered cherries *  :-)


One bowl
One single serve of sugar free CHERRY gelatin
4 tablespoons of fat free Cool Whip
Unsweetened cocoa powder
One spoon

Into the bowl goes the gelatin; break it up with the spoon.  Cover with a layer of FF CW.  Sprinkle with the cocoa powder.  Eat with your spoon.  Yum Yum.

Enjoy.

Edit:  Skip the cocoa powder and drizzle with chocolate Magic Shell ice cream topping.  Top with 3 maraschino cherries.  Stick in the freezer a minute or two to harden the shell.  Wow.  Good.  But more calories...and fat.   

"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.