" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 22, 2010

Wishbook

 image from Welcome to Wishbook


For a stroll down memory lane click on over to Welcome to Wishbook

At the site you'll find vintage Christmas catalogs you can peruse to your heart's delight.
**********************************************************


 Back in the day kids couldn't wait to get their hands on the Christmas Wishbook.  Ours were from Montgomery Ward, Sears, and Spiegel.

I used to wish for a magic Wishbook--one that allowed me to grab the image and have the item come off the page right into my real life.Instant gratification. Bliss.

The idea of having to fill out an order, mail it and then wait for it to be processed and sent by return mail was agony.  But agony turned to ecstasy when your order finally arrived.

Today we have the electronic catalog. To me it's no better than the old paper catalog. Yes, it saves a little time and allows me to shop the world....but it's not a whole lot different than what we had way back when.





"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.