" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 21, 2010

Then There Was Chatty Cathy. Every Little Girls' Dream Gift for Christmas in 1960


First came Betsy Wetsy in 1938, followed by Tiny Tears in the 1950's. In 1959 Barbie was born and in the 1960's  Chatty Cathy. 

Betsy wet her pants, Tiny cried 'real' tears, and Barbie--well she was a sex pot--and Cathy yammered a lot.

I had Betsy, Tiny and Barbie, but no Chatty Cathy.  

If only I'd kept that Barbie I got in 1959.  She was in mint condition when I  finally parted with her--on an impulse.

In a brief moment of good will I gave her to a little neighbor girl.  I'd decided I was too big for dolls.

My loss, her gain.  Original Barbie would fetch a pretty good price today.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.