" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 12, 2010

Christmas in the City


As a child Christmas trips to visit grandpa and his wife--my step grandma who was a fun person--were exciting  for me. They had pet parakeets that they treated like their babies. And an old retired gentleman friend of theirs always gave me--a chocoholic at a young age--white chocolate. I was fascinated with it. How could it be white I'd think?

But the best part of the visit in my memory was our trip to downtown Fort Wayne for shopping in the city. The cold crisp air, the swoosh of the bus doors opening to allow passengers to exit, the ladies with their Christmas corsages--the plastic ones which I'd love to find at a vintage shop or yard sale--the hustle and bustle in the air, the decorations, and best of all the music that floated on the air, supplied by the various stores speaker systems.

My favorite was Silver Bells. To this day it never fails to transport me back into that time, that era, those good memories. 
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.