Another one of dad's favorite westerns. Just hearing the theme song brings back memories--good ones.
With the upcoming holidays everyone needs an easy to make delicious pie. Here is one of my favorites:
- 2 baked pie crusts (I buy the frozen 2 pack shallow shells--bake according to package.)
- 1 large can crushed pineapple (DO NOT DRAIN)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 large bananas sliced
- 1 cup of grated coconut--fresh or frozen (I have used the processed too with good results.)
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (I like pecans but walnuts are good too.)
- 1 large tub of Cool Whip or whipped cream if you prefer
Line your pie crusts with the sliced banana. Sprinkle nuts over the bananas and coconut over the nuts. Pour half of cooled pineapple filling over each pie. Chill. Cover each pie with half the whipped topping.