" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 19, 2010

No Man is an Island

I guess they don't teach that in public high school anymore.  Listening to a morning program I heard a young musician--singer/song writer--say that because he had a new baby, he had to be careful about what he wrote NOW since his boy would grow up and be able to hear it.

WHAT ABOUT EVERYBODY ELSE'S KIDS PRIOR?  Honestly--he had no concern that what he wrote might be detrimental to them????

Granted, none of us are perfect and we are always more bothered about our own kids knowing our 'secrets' than some stranger's kids.  

But no man is an island, and we are our brothers' keeper.  And my brother, he ain't heavy.  So it's a small thing to do the right thing for the greater common good.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.