" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

October 19, 2010

Hot Sandwich for a Cold Day

It's only fall here but I'm freezing today.  That calls for a 'hot' lunch.

Enter my hot bacon and cheese sandwich.  Here's how I do it:

  • Nuke 3 slices of thin Oscar Mayer Cooked Bacon per package instructions .
  • Get out 2 slices of bread and when the bacon is done, sop up the fat that remains on the cooking dish with them--not kidding here...there's not much fat to start so don't waste the flavor.
  • Now make a sandwich--cocoon that bacon between 2 slices of  fat free American cheese. 
  • Put your sandwich into the microwave and nuke for 10 seconds.  Flip the sandwich and nuke 10 more seconds.
  • Remove your soft and warm bacon cheese heaven--mash it together if you like-- and eat it.
Mine was accompanied by my V8 tonic and 4 ounces of grape juice.  I need to get busy and make some spiced apple juice/cider.

FYI--I've eaten this sandwich regularly and managed to lose weight while doing it.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.