" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

October 10, 2010

Chocolate Cobbler

Edit: ignore the negative reviews on this first recipe (found at the link)....I've made it many times and it turns out perfect...it is a cobbler...it is supposed to be runny--the runny part is the chocolate fudge sauce...this is similar to a fruit cobbler, but chocolate...thinner and runnier when hot, thicker and saucier when cold. The recipe is not off. I reduce the sugar--which I note at the end-- because I don't like things too sweet. I've made it exactly as written and it is a good recipe.



 Image from Southern Plate



Want a quick pantry dessert perfect for a fall day?  Simple and old timey Chocolate Cobbler fills the bill.  My favorite recipe can be found here: Chocolate Cobbler  .

For a second similar recipe that includes images with step by step directions go to Southern Plate Chocolate Cobbler .  Be warned though--reading the food essay and seeing the images is going to cause you to want to make one asap.

And if you don't want to be bothered making it yourself, or don't want a whole pan full in the house, head over to Cracker Barrel.  It is usually on their menu this time of year.

Enjoy.

Note:  I make the first recipe and in the cake part I reduce the sugar from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup.  
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.