" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

October 5, 2010

Another Reason to Love Greek Yogurt

Reason number one is that it tastes great--even the fat free is awesome.

Reason number two?  One single serve cup has 18 grams of protein.  For 100 calories..and no fat.  (Brand is Chobani.)

I've been eating fewer fat free Cool Whip desserts this week in an effort to swap out some carb calories for protein calories.

I'm adding sweetener to a single serve cup of yogurt, spreading it in a shallow dish, topping it with a layer of fat free Cool Whip (27 grams) and one broken graham cracker.

I'm calling it Graham Cracker Pie.

Simple but delicious.  And only 210 calories.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.