My goal is to cut way back on fat and cut back on calories, without eating less food volume. I don't want to go hungry or feel deprived, but I want to go to the low end--to change things up.
Remember, I'm already eating small, so you might think this would be hard, but it's really not. Here's an example of what I eat on a rescue day.
Mid-morning snack options: (I'd eat one or the other, not both and only if I was hungry.)
- one serving fat free yogurt
- one serving blueberries or strawberries
- a small sprinkle of crumbled crunchy cereal--like bran flakes
- coffee with 2% milk
- 2 plain regular size brown rice cakes
- spread with low calorie spread
- sprinkled with cinnamon and calorie free sweetener
- Iced green tea
- same as above except sprinkle the rice cakes with onion powder
- 2 slices bread (50-70 calories per slice)
- 2 slices fat free cheese
- thin spread of reduced fat mayo
- half or one cup of V8 or tomato juice
- iced green tea
- 1 or 2 individual sugar free jello cups, cubed
- add one sliced banana
- add a blob of fat free Cool Whip
- 3-4 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast or other lean meat
- one very small baked potato, sweet or white with spray butter
- 2 servings low carb veg, like green beans, zucchini, cabbage, broccoli
a piece of fresh fruit in season
Fat free Cool Whip Chocolate Mousse*
Coffee or hot tea with milk
*To one fourth tub of FF Cool Whip (56 grams) add one teaspoon cocoa powder
There you have it. I don't go hungry and it always seems to result in getting the fat burning machine stoked.
If I do this a second day the menu changes. That way I never feel bored or deprived. Usually I only do this 2 days in a row. When I make my food choices my goal is to eat protein, fiber and small amounts of carbs and very low fat at each meal and snack--and get in some healthy fruits and veg.