" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

August 25, 2010

In Between

This in between seasons thing is hard on a person.  Even though per the calendar it is still summer, school has started, the squirrels are actively gathering for winter, and it feels like fall--I can hear it in the bug song, but fall is still far off.

In past years I have rushed fall, but the problem with that is by the middle of October I'm ready to start the Christmas season.  Rushing a season, I know full well, usually ruins it.

Hence I declare to you there is another season:  La Rentree.  The French use this term, la rentree, for the pre-autumn back to school days.  Literally, it means The Return.  Isn't that perfect?  I think it is, and from here on  I will have 5 seasons instead of 4.  Won't you join me?

For a real treat, go read the lovely blog where I discovered this perfect new season.  The author is British--and I love all things British--and when I read her blog I can immerse myself in her world and travel via the mind to jolly old England. 

Her blog is Little Sips of Tea and the link is in my sidebar.  She doesn't post with regularity, but when she does post, she publishes several posts at one time--so be sure to read them all on any given date.

To read her post on La Rentree click here.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.