" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

July 5, 2010

Jello One More Way

Every afternoon the sweet tooth hits.  Today I was craving marshmallows...the big fluffy ones.  But in my pantry I only had the minis.  I knew better than to start eating them.  It's way too easy to consume a lot of calories and never begin to feel it in your stomach..they are like eating air.

I had those sugar free gelatin cups in the fridge from last week.  Remember the post about jello cubed on ice cream as a substitute for gummy bears on ice cream?

The brain switched on and I chopped up a jello cup into a bowl, topped it with about 15 mini marshmallows, then a dollop of Cool Whip Lite.  Perfect.  Satisfied my marshmallow craving and my sweet tooth for very few calories and fat. 

Granted it was empty calories, but when you want marshmallows it's better to eat a few than to eat around the craving.  In my experience I just end up eating a ton of stuff before I cave and eat what I crave--better to eat it in the first place.  Use your creativity to feed the craving in a less damaging way.

As a bonus I was able to use one more gelatin cup.  My supply, which started out as 16, is down to 5.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.