" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

June 30, 2010

Supersize Me

I was watching some videos on Youtube.  A person had posted her favorite dessert--vanilla ice cream topped with gummi bears.  She said it was a lot of 'chew' but not a lot of calories or fat. 

Now I can't eat gummi bears--they pull my crowns off--not good.  So I got to thinking.  Here's what I came up with.  You'll need sugar free gelatin--I used red and green; some vanilla ice cream--I like Edy's Slow Churned; some diet 7 up. 

Cut your gelatin into cubes (I used the pre-made purchased cups).  Place some in a tall glass.  Now add a little vanilla ice cream.  Repeat two more times ending with the gelatin on top.

Now drizzle with some diet 7UP.

Adding the sugar free gelatin 'beefs' up the volume but doesn't add any fat or calories.  It looks gigantic, feels like you are indulging, but you won't be bulging later.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.