" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

May 31, 2010

Thank You

I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and eating a fluffy butter biscuit in the land of plenty--thanks to the sacrifice of  a multitude of people who laid down their lives and gave their best.  Somewhere a soldier does his duty on my behalf--to protect me as well as his own loved ones and our whole nation.  And even the world.  For that I am thankful and unable to express my true gratitude.

As well, today I am thankful for the blessings of the Lord.  The Old Testament declares "Blessed is the nation whose god is the LORD."  (That would be Lord Jehovah.)  We've honored God in many ways in our nation and dishonored him in much.  He is long suffering and merciful--but he will not endure forever, he will not wink at ourwillful sin.  Again-- the Holy Writ declares "be not deceived, God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that will he also reap".  We've been warned.  Our behavior determines the consequences.

Short of the mercy of God we're doomed. Jehovah God is a god of love and mercy and grace.  But he is also a just God, a righteous judge.  We would do well to remember that and live accordingly.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.