" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

April 7, 2010

Yogurt Rice with Fruit and Nuts

If you tire of oatmeal try some cooked brown rice for breakfast.  I cook a batch, then freeze it in half cup portions.  For breakfast I defrost/ heat it in the microwave.  Then I stir in some mixed dried fruit bits, some walnut pieces and a big spoonful of plain yogurt.  Drizzled with some honey, it is soooooo good.  I had this for breakfast --instead of toast-- with a poached egg.

Note:  sprinkle your frozen rice with some water, cover with a paper towel, the microwave until defrosted and warmed.  The mixed dried fruit bits--by Sun Maid-- contain apricots, raisins, plums, peaches, cherries and apple.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.