" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

March 24, 2010

Quick Brown Rice Bowl

My recent investment in some half cup freezable containers paid off today.  Here's my quick brown rice lunch bowl.

In a bowl heat one half cup of brown rice, then stir in one Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge.  Top that with a serving of cooked mixed vegetables.  (I always keep these on hand, in the freezer.)  Add half an ounce of walnut pieces, and a quarter ounce of blue cheese crumbles (25 calories worth).  Salt to taste.

This was chewy, cheesy, nutty and full of slow carbs.  A very satisfying lunch indeed, and mostly plant.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.