" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 26, 2010

Love Me Some Brussel Sprouts

I was chatting with a lady at the health food store this week. She told me a yummy way to fix brussel sprouts. I made them and loved them. I wanted to use fresh but opted for frozen because the fresh ones looked horrible. If you use frozen sprouts just be sure to thaw them thoroughly before roasting. Here's the method--no exact amounts.

Slice desired amount of sprouts. Drizzle with olive oil on baking sheet and toss. Bake at 400-425 until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool slightly. Place them in a bowl to dress. Drizzle with some balsamic vinegar and a little honey. Add some diced red onion, walnut pieces and blue cheese crumbles, or alternatively feta cheese crumbled. Add salt to taste.

Note: I was out of balsamic vinegar so I substituted red wine vinegar.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.