" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 17, 2010

Humnut Sauce

 Edit:  I discovered where I found this sauce:  Heather Eats Almond Butter .  I think she may have gotten if from another blogger.  But it was her photos that caused me to have to try it.  And it was love at first taste.

I came across this recipe on a website, but I didn't note the name or I'd give credit. It was good as well as quick and easy so I'm passing it on to you.

Humnut

Combine 2 tablespoons of hummus, 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast, a drizzle of tahinni and enough water to thin to desired consistency.

Easy, eh?

I used mine as a salad dressing. Said salad had lettuce, spinach, tuna, garbanzo beans, red bell pepper, onion and Humnut sauce. Loved it. It was filling and satisfying.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.