" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 22, 2010

Be Still My Heart

Edit: If you missed the PBS showing you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR9YUktC-3M

You can buy the DVD here: http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index.jsp?productId=2966775

Last night PBS Masterpiece Classic aired "Persuasion" from The Complete Jane Austen. I was smitten. I cannot recall seeing such a heart wrenching love story. There was no sex, no sensuality-- but you could slice the sexual tension with a knife. They just don't 'write 'em' like that anymore. Today's movie love stories are paltry by comparison.

If you love a story of love lost and found again you'll want to watch "Persuasion". I do believe I could watch that video again and again and again. Even my husband sat and watched the whole thing--usually the only romantic movies he tolerates are romantic comedies.

If you do watch it, I warn you, feel prepared to be wrung out emotionally by the time it is finished. I won't spoil it for you by telling you how it ends, but it kept me on tenterhooks.

Here's a clip.









"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.